- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly argues over an eggplant, a peach and a smiley face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
Free of Cast, Barbaro visits Paterno in hospital
- Updated: November 6, 2006
Call it one legend paying homage to another. Following an 80-minute procedure Monday to repair his broken left leg and two torn knee ligaments, Penn State football coach Joe Paterno received an encouraging and equally surprising visit from Kentucky Derby champion, Barbaro. Fresh out of the world’s most famous leg cast in the not too far away New Bolton Center at UPenn, the affable horse was picked up by his personal chauffeur and driven directly to Mount Nittany Medical Center where Paterno was recovering.
"It seemed to cheer him up," said one hospital staffer. "You could hear them laughing a lot. Barbaro kept making jokes about how much money he lost on the Breeder’s Cup this past weekend."