- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
- Detroit Lions Take Sucking to An All New Level
- Sepp Blatter Resigns, Vince McMahon Rumored as Replacement
- Family Guy Called the Bruce Jenner “Situation” Quite Some Time Ago; Twice
MLS wisely ships only marketable player to Utah
- Updated: December 12, 2006
In yet another savvy marketing move, the MLS has traded it’s most marketable player, Freddy Adu, to the giant media hub of Salt Lake City, Utah. The league, which has expanded its fan base by 4 people since it’s inception roughly ten years ago, shrewdly decided against moving Adu to a big city that actually follows soccer (like say New York, Chicago or Los Angeles) and opted for the hustling and bustling soccer hotbed of Utah.
While Salt Lake City is obviously known for its huge minority sports fan base, some skeptics say a city with a population over 7,000 may have been a better fit for the country’s budding soccer star. That being said, Freddy can look forward to being mistaken for a Utah Jazz ballboy at least 7 times a day.
Notes: The MLS has indeed confirmed a deal with Outback Steakhouse to hold their next 10 entry drafts at their Sheboygan location (as predicted by the SportsHernia months ago)