- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
- Detroit Lions Take Sucking to An All New Level
- Sepp Blatter Resigns, Vince McMahon Rumored as Replacement
- Family Guy Called the Bruce Jenner “Situation” Quite Some Time Ago; Twice
- T.J. Miller Wins Hernia Immunity For 25 Years
Pete Rose says he gambled on ‘everything’
- Updated: March 19, 2007
After admitting on the Dan Patrick radio show recently that he bet on the Cincinnati Reds to win "every night," so he couldn’t have sent any signals out about his lineup, Pete Rose went on to say that he actually bet on everything.
"You don’t understand, not only did I bet on my team to win every night, I literally bet on everything," Rose told Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann on ESPN Radio.
"From hoops to hockey to cricket, curling and to mud wrestling – everything. I bet on balloon races. And I mean races with birthday balloons. Not like large hot air balloons. I went to the track and bet there. I bet whether I’d make it to the track on time. I bet on whether my hair helmet would move throughout a game. You can see that I had to stop putting money on that but in the day I made pretty good coin on that one. Hell, I even bet on if I’d make it into the Hall of Fame. Took a bit of hit there but I’d say I’ve hedged my bets pretty well. I’d say I’m about even."
Rose also went on to say that he was happy to have a lot of balls (this part is true).