Brian Engblom’s Bozworth inspired toupee raises ante on Kruk

John Kruk has been the reigning champion of many faces and several depressing haircuts for some time now, but his world must be collapsing around today, as we have an unbelievable new challenger in bizarre Versus analyst Brian Engblom.

In two words: Utterly. Speechless.

1. Jonathin Antin

May 1, 2007 at 10:39 pm

what a magestic mane… a true masterpiece

2. TheExpert

May 1, 2007 at 10:49 pm

That could easily be mistaken for a horse’s mane from the proper angle

3. Kruk

May 1, 2007 at 11:26 pm

Well played, Engblom. Well played…

4. Jose Luis Rivera

May 2, 2007 at 11:39 am

He makes Lex Luger look human

5. Greg C.

May 2, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Just looks like “Hockey Hair” to me. I can make my natural hair look just like that ( not that I’d want to)

6. Jabba Ranks

May 2, 2007 at 4:04 pm

I can make my sideburns stop 3 inches above my ears like Mark Gastineu, but I never would.

7. crooksbanza

May 2, 2007 at 4:07 pm

He does indeed look like a supreme doofus, but since he’s got his name engraved on Lord Stanley’s Cup (twice, if I’m not mistaken) he’s earned the right to sport that goofy mullet in my book.

8. The Sports Hernia

May 2, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Even if his name wasn’t on Lord Stanley’s Cup, we still hope this is what Engblom would be sporting on the VS. set.

If I saw atleast 5 people a day with this haircut, my life would improve immeasurably.

9. gohabsgo

May 2, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Those are all-american hair plugs just like his boy Melrose.

He is easily the worst “analyst” on VS.

10. Kathy

May 28, 2007 at 10:08 pm

Somebody in his life sure has given him some bad advice on hair styling! There is no excuse for him to look like he does since he is in the public eye 3 times a week. I can’t stand to look at him, so I don’t.

11. MTB777

November 27, 2007 at 8:44 pm

Wow! A intelligent conversation on Engblom’s looks. By the way he has 3 yes count them 3 Stanley Cup rings. His hair has always looked like that so shut up and play or watch hockey.

12. The Sports Hernia

November 27, 2007 at 11:35 pm

MTB777, you mean “An intelligent conversation.”

If you’re going to preach intelligence, your grammar should really be up to par.

And where can we watch this hockey stuff?

13. Smitty

December 18, 2007 at 10:22 pm

A RUG??????? Are you kidding me? Really? I really have a hard time believing that THAT is a rug! All the years I’ve been watching hockey on television and at the “Old Barn”, I actually believed that it was his real mop. Brian must have had a very bad agent that couldn’t get him a salary big enough to hire a decent hairstylist or Donald Trump must owe him a very large favor to let him use his!

14. Joey Juice

May 1, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Unfortunately, that is his real hair. Not sure if that’s a good thing, but it’s definitely real. (I work for VS and have 1st hand knowledge)

15. tamtam

November 9, 2008 at 1:06 am

thats a total tupee. i can see where it ends and where it begins