Shocking details of Vick dog fighting scandal revealed

(NEW YORK, NY) — Corruption canine McGruff the Crime Dog uncovered one of the
biggest dog-sports related stories in recent history when he cracked
into Michael Vick’s underground dog-fighting ring.

Sports Hernia got in contact with the crimehound, who presented a list
of some of the most famous and brutal matchups that took place in Ron Mexico’s ring.
He also let everyone know that they should buckle up and not talk to

The following matches read like a WrestleMania greatest hits card…

Santa’s Little Helper vs. Brian

Detective Droopy Dog vs. ‘Lil Bow Wow

Clifford the Big Red Dog vs. Marmaduke

Hooch vs. K-9 (escorted to the ring by valet Jim Belushi)

Auggie Doggie and Doggy Daddy vs. Spike and Tyke

Smedley vs. Odie

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog vs. DMX

DynoMutt vs. Underdog

Astro vs. Scooby Doo

Nate Dogg vs. Snoop Dogg

Air Bud vs. Toto (Toto was DQ’d for lame entrance music)

Sam Sheep Dog  vs. Muttley

Benji vs. Lassie

1. Mick

June 1, 2007 at 3:53 pm

Droopy Dog = Greatest. Dog. Ever.

2. M. Vick

June 1, 2007 at 4:37 pm

I’ve got ten large on Air Bud

3. R Mexico

June 2, 2007 at 2:40 pm

Even though dropping cash on a dog v. dog fight is as healthy as betting a friend on the par-5 fourth hole, I’ve decided take my hat out of the ring – so to speak.

In light of recent sponsors pulling out of their contracts with me, I’ve decided to cut my hair. I’m hopeful that action will vindicate my position on this subject.

4. Shaggy

June 2, 2007 at 4:09 pm

Zoinks, Scoob! Looks like Astro has really been training for this. I’m paranoid.

5. Mel

June 2, 2007 at 4:12 pm

Sam Sheep Dog clearly doeesn’t give a shit. So arrogant.

6. Marcus Vick

June 3, 2007 at 5:29 pm

That damn Muttley bit my ass! That Boy don’t play

7. d-nice

June 11, 2007 at 12:13 pm

datz some funny junk

8. Steve

July 17, 2007 at 9:19 pm

Making jest of animal abuse is truly the lowest possible humor. One would expect educated individuals to be more creative.

9. Steve

July 17, 2007 at 9:20 pm

10. Steve

July 17, 2007 at 9:20 pm

11. JJ

July 18, 2007 at 12:46 pm

12. ruff-ruff

July 19, 2007 at 10:54 am

The mentality of a “dog-fight ring boy”

If they can’t eat it, they screw it,

If they can’t screw it
    they put it in a ring and fight it…

They will get to feel what it’s like to be in a “ring” soon enough…..

The fighting part, well, they will wish they get that far…..

13. gruff

July 28, 2007 at 10:48 am

14. Animal Chaplain Nancy Cronk

August 26, 2007 at 6:32 pm

As the Chair of Animal, I have been horrified to learn about dogfighting and the cruel torturing, maiming, and killing that takes place in it. I am saddened that celebrities like athlete Michael Vick and rapper DMX have been implicated in such unbelievably bloody crimes. The blogosphere seems to focus on the wrong questions, IMHO. Instead of, “Are animals as important as humans?”, the real question should be, “Do animals suffer?”

Like humans, animals are sentient beings who feel pain. That is not only an intuitive reality, but a scientific fact. We are instructed by all of the worlds major faiths to care for animals in responsible, loving ways. It is our moral and spiritual obligation to protect them. Please join us on October 4th, 2007, in cities all around the world to celebrate “World Animal Day”. On that day, animals will be blessed and honored, and we will hopefully all realize how lucky we are to have them in our world. For more information, search on the words “World Animal Day” for a celebration near you.

Nancy J. Cronk
    Founder, Chair and Chaplain
    Interfaith Association of Animal Chaplains

15. BlueWorkhorse

May 29, 2008 at 4:40 pm

I can’t believe Cujo didn’t make into one of Ron Mexico’s top pairings. I think there would have been a tenacious battle between him and the dog from Pet Cemetery, and Stephen King could have made a quick cameo as the hype man.