Confirmed: Bears’ Robbie Gould is not a 1950’s TV character

Head coach Lovie Smith dispelled the hot rumor swirling around Bears camp today, confirming that kicker Robbie Gould is not a lost cast member of Leave it to Beaver or My Three Sons.

"Who, little Robbie Gould?" coach Smith said with a smirk when asked about his throwback kicker.  "Well, I’ll tell you this.  If they really did have time machines I’d swear to you they snatched him up from the set of one of those black and white TV shows and threw a football uniform on him.  I feel like he should be dropping off milk at my front door and saying ‘good day, neighbor.’  But no, Robbie’s our kicker."

1. marv

August 28, 2007 at 12:29 am

I heard he actually was a child actor on the show “Gould Forks,” which is what “Silver Spoons” was based off of. He and Rick Shroder are mortal enemies.

2. Penetti

August 28, 2007 at 9:04 am

That might be the most ridiculous picture of all players. All the main sites use that same picture and every time I see it pop up during a fantasy draft I crack up.

August 28, 2007 at 9:16 am

If it wasn’t for his receding hairline, I would comfortably say he’s just about 3/4 of the way through puberty.

4. Steve

August 28, 2007 at 2:46 pm

His parents live in central PA, and they have a tiny Bears flag, yet they have a ginormous UVa flag for their other son who plays there. Um, try switching the size of those flags, Mr. and Mrs. Gould!

5. Beavis

August 28, 2007 at 2:52 pm

His parents live in Central PA? This explains just about everything.

Hey Robbie, nice haircut, you get a free plastic black comb with that too?

6. dan

August 28, 2007 at 2:53 pm

i partied in the same places (no, not with) as this guy numerous times at PSU and it still defies me that he caught on as an NFL kicker.

7. Destro Nation

August 28, 2007 at 2:54 pm

Is he really wearing a tie with a f’ing Izod shirt?

Who is this guy? And more importantly, how can he be stopped?

8. Bick Dutkus