- Ode To Grantland
- Cris Collinsworth Has Actually ‘Seen Everything’
- Tom Brady Accidentally Wolfs Up During Court Room Sketch
- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly Argues Over An Eggplant, A Peach And A Smiley Face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
Hey Knick fans, what are you doing?
- Updated: December 20, 2007
Seriously Knick fans, what the hell are you doing? You’ve been chanting "Fi-re Is-i-ah" for months now. You’re stuffing 5 syllables into a 4-beat chant. It doesn’t exactly flow off the tongue like a Dr. J finger roll, it’s more like Beetlejuice dribbling the ball off his head. You don’t have to be Mozart to realize this is retarded.
From being at some of these games, it’s pretty clear no one knows what’s going on, after "Fi-re," the whole things get lost and sounds like 18,000 drunk Borats trying to verbally do the wave.
Last year it was "Fi-re Thom-as," a standard 4-beat chant and the sound was deafening.
What happened, did people actually mistake it for ‘Hire Llamas’?
Did you change it up since he never actually got fired?
Did Dolan accidentally fire assistant equipment manager Bernie Thomas instead? Sadly, that probably did happened.
At this point it really doesn’t matter, just start chanting "Fi-re Thom-as" like you did last year, it’s makes a huge difference when everyone is screaming the same shit at the same time. And maybe he’ll finally get fired (for our sake, we hope not).
Other possible chants Knick fans should consider:
Bring-back-Hu-bie! (this one needs to start immediately)