- Ode To Grantland
- Cris Collinsworth Has Actually ‘Seen Everything’
- Tom Brady Accidentally Wolfs Up During Court Room Sketch
- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly Argues Over An Eggplant, A Peach And A Smiley Face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
SNY gives not-so-subtle message that station is no longer interested in Banks
- Updated: January 31, 2008
(NAVAJO COUNTRY, AZ) — SNY contributor and former Giants great, Carl Banks, received a not-so-subtle message from network execs yesterday that the station was no longer interested in his services, as he was left for dead in the Arizona desert while supposedly covering the Super Bowl.
Sources say a "confused" Banks was dispatched to the desert for a brief spot on the popular talk show "Daily News Live", with producers saying the desert would add a "nice, authentic feel" to his coverage, before they eventually sped off in a unmarked van.
Shortly after his broadcast, Banks was seen wearing a headband, leading a pack of coyotes and reciting obscure Doors’ lyrics while occasionally blindsiding unsuspecting cacti.
(one more pic of Banks lost in the desert after the jump)