What is David Lee doing in this ad?

David_lee_vitamin_water Another Hernia roundtable took place this morning, this time centering around this curious ad for Vitamin Water featuring David Lee.  Here’s what bounced around the room (feel free to chime in with your own thoughts).

– I think he’s shielding his buddy Vitamin Water from a thirsty giant that wants to drink it.

– Grinding to Booty House music at an outdoor party.

– He can’t be boxing out the bottle because the basket is pretty far away.  Maybe he’s playing dodge ball and suckering the bottle into getting doinked right on the cap by moving away at the last possible second.  You can tell he’s played before.

– I don’t know, but I bet that court is in Baltimore.

– Both of them are off balance here, it’s pretty clear Jerome James is wrestling a live cheesesteak off camera.

– Is he stuck inside a 50 Cent album cover?  Kind of has that same ominous red tone which would make sense since he’s a company shareholder.

– Kool-Aid, Sunny D, that purple stuff and the rest of the gang have this duo outnumbered.

1. bo

January 23, 2008 at 2:24 pm

The vitamin water is giving him some ‘prison’ love.

2. jj

January 23, 2008 at 2:33 pm

THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT GOOD FOR DAVID LEE. I MEAN WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TRYING TO CONVEY HERE?? ” BOX OUT VITAMIN WATER, IT SUCKS “!! I MEAN REALLY??

3. Peter Vecsey

January 23, 2008 at 3:02 pm

My sources tell me this is actual footage of that bottle trying out for the Knicks and rumor has it, V-Wat easily out rebounded Curry and blocked him 5 times.

Additionally, my sources also tell me that last night I dreamt I was wrestling under the name Brutus “The Barber” Bluebeard.

4. Poylan Shittitz

January 23, 2008 at 3:37 pm

he not swooshing, he did dooshing

5. Jared Jeffries

January 25, 2008 at 9:58 am

my boy d lee is postin up the vitamin water dont ya see the ball comin hes recevin a pass from freddy jones (jones should have been an all star)

6. Ricky - Sixers4guidos

January 30, 2008 at 5:52 pm

the V-Wat giant bottle impressed former Sixers GM Billy King, who reportedly offered a 6 yrs-70 mill deal, with a bottle option for the 7th year

“We never had a big man as mobile as V-Wat since Moses Malone” stated an enthusiastic King

7. TBone, TSH

January 30, 2008 at 7:27 pm

@ Ricky:

Look for Sharone Wright to be hired as a special assistant to groom V-Wat, but more importantly help him find his bottle cap.

8. Anti-Aging Vitamins

June 30, 2008 at 10:33 am

drinking that huge vitamin water bottle can kill anyone.