- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
- Detroit Lions Take Sucking to An All New Level
- Sepp Blatter Resigns, Vince McMahon Rumored as Replacement
- Family Guy Called the Bruce Jenner “Situation” Quite Some Time Ago; Twice
- T.J. Miller Wins Hernia Immunity For 25 Years
Wooden busted for giving Werther’s Original to recruit
- Updated: January 16, 2008
UCLA legend John Wooden is being investigated for improper recruiting
tactics, rumored to be centered around gifts of delicious Werther’s Original candies and inappropriate letters to then-recruit Kevin Lowe. The letters in question were delivered by Pony Express and written on burnt parchment with Wooden’s trademark feathered quill, which was given to him by Sitting Bull.
Each questionable letter Wooden allegedly sent to Lowe was slathered in Ben-Gay, Werther’s caramel droppings and team philosophy.
It’s rumored that Werther’s also fueled Bill Walton’s bike trips from Oregon to the Mexican border. And that the strict discipline in kung fu was the only thing to save Alcindor from the W.O.