- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
- Detroit Lions Take Sucking to An All New Level
- Sepp Blatter Resigns, Vince McMahon Rumored as Replacement
- Family Guy Called the Bruce Jenner “Situation” Quite Some Time Ago; Twice
- T.J. Miller Wins Hernia Immunity For 25 Years
Hank to Red Sox Nation: I will dance on your logo
- Updated: March 1, 2008
Hank Steinbrenner upped the ante yesterday with more fighting words directed at his close buddies up in Boston. The talkative half of the Steinbrenner brothers had initially gone off on the Sox fan base earlier in the day claiming it’s still Yankee country as far as the eyes can see.
"Go anywhere in America and you won’t see Red Sox hats and jackets, you’ll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. In fact, it reminds me of that great Chevy commercial about how ‘this is our country’, I feel as though that was written with the New York Yankees in mind. We’re going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order."
Surprisingly still available to the media just one hour later, his Hankness took some additional not-so-vield shots at Red Sox closer Jonathan Palpelbon.
"Now from what I’ve seen and what my baseball people tell me, they have a fine closer up there in young Papelbon. But I’ll be damned if he’s the only one doing the Irish jig and running around like Shelley Duncan and my younger Yankees. Let it be known to Red Sox nation that when the Yankees board the Death Star and make their way to Boston for the first time this season in April, you can bet I’ll be dancing on their logo as soon as I get there. And if they shave those funny looking socks into the mound area, you can be damn sure I’ll be dancing on those too."
His Hankness would later reinforce his strict stance on facial hair adding that the majority of the Red Sox roster, particularly Youkalis, reminds him of degenerating wookies.