NBC hockey crew apparently broadcasting from Fortress of Solitude

In case you missed it, NBC has moved its NHL studio coverage to what appears to be the Fortress of Solitude.  But judging from the neon icicle desk, which Mike Milbury’s hands are clearly frozen to, and the spectacular laser-light show going on behind them, it very well could be Atlantis.

Another theory going around is Milbury, and this random bald guy, may have been shrunken and are actually broadcasting from within Craig Sager’s suit.

Nhl_nbc_fortress_of_solitude_phix_2

Mike Milbury also playing the role of Superman’s father for NBC…

Nhl_nbc_supermans_father_phixr2_2

April 29, 2008 at 7:16 pm

This reminds me of the time I thought I was on acid but was instead simply stuck in one of Sager’s suit coat pockets.

2. Jeff K

April 29, 2008 at 9:31 pm

NBC is trying to distract you from the nonsense spilling out of McGuire and Milbury’s mouths.

3. JJ

April 30, 2008 at 12:32 pm

GREAT DESCRIPTION, THAT IS ONE WEIRD SET! WHAT FAN’S DID THEY THINK THEY WERE TARGETING ANYWAY, SUPERMAN AND STARWAR JUNKIES!!!

4. brent

May 1, 2008 at 3:46 am

that’s no random bald guy, that’s the pride of Canadian I-get-paid-by-the-word hockey commentary, Pierre McGuire.

Yer welcome, eh.

5. J.P.

May 1, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Also (perhaps) worth noting – Ovechkin doesn’t play for Montreal.

6. Marv

May 1, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Do I even have to point this out? Pierre McGuire is obviously playing the role of Lex Luthor.

7. knowitall

May 2, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Funny thing they use the same studio as TSN in Canada, so TSN showes they game and they use the same studio. ASK AROUND.

8. Andy

June 2, 2008 at 10:22 pm

This is the most pathetic and biased cast ever. Pierre McGuire is a freshly circumsized penis. I cannot belive that I have to sit here and watch these biased losers put down Pittsburgh and scream every time Detroit makes a move. I HATE NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Joe

October 2, 2008 at 1:26 pm

I’m not a fan of NBC but what are you going to do at this time.