Coach Steve Shuman would like you to believe he’s excited about the WNBA season

Monarchs_coach_steve_shuman_phixr_4
At right is charismatic assistant coach for the Sacramento Monarchs Steve Schuman who, we think voluntarily, partook in yesterday’s WNBA media day festivities at Arco Arena.

As you can see, it was quite a day for Steve indeed.  You certainly don’t need us to tell you how excited he is about the upcoming season, I mean, just look at his face, the guy is jazzed.  Some might even say he simply can’t believe it.

He kind of has that Ricky Bobby look that says, "I’m not sure what to do with my arms here."

Judging by the hastily tucked appearance of his shirt, we’re guessing he didn’t even know it was media day until someone knocked on his door and said, "picture time Steve-O" – at which point he grabbed this old shirt to throw over his "My other body is an assmobile" t-shirt.

Seriously, it’s like he just came out of a depressingly disappointing movie adaptation of his favorite comic book.  If there was a face to go with the word flaccid, we’re guessing Shuman would be in the mix.

Or maybe we’re entirely wrong about this guy and he’s a wild man beneath this convincing "dejected suburb guy" disguise, and he’s just really hungover after getting that last regrettable body-shot-Congo-line going the night before.

**Seriously, that’s really Steve Shuman**

May 13, 2008 at 11:03 am

Steve Shuman can’t believe they haven’t switched the toner in the printer yet.

2. Zen Wizard

May 13, 2008 at 11:21 am

They CLONED Karl Rove–but they forgot to teach the clone how to tie a half-Windsor knot.

3. charlie

May 13, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I fucking love this guy.

4. saucy

May 13, 2008 at 12:59 pm

so who’s up for some fantasy wnba?

May 13, 2008 at 1:27 pm

If Steve Shuman is up for anything, it’s certainly fantasy.

6. tecmo

May 13, 2008 at 3:59 pm

I think that dude sits a few cubicles over from me.

/checking…

Yup, its him alright. Double-dipping bastard

7. Stonehands

May 13, 2008 at 4:27 pm

He’s doing his best to hide his secret passion for wedgies.

8. leon spinks

May 13, 2008 at 6:00 pm

“it’s like he just came out of a depressingly disappointing movie adaptation of his favorite comic book.” –lol funny

9. DW

May 14, 2008 at 7:51 am

Suck in that gut! And tuck in those pajamas!

10. TBone

May 14, 2008 at 10:51 am

He truly can’t believe it.

11. kuri

May 14, 2008 at 12:27 pm

How did I end up in the W friggin’ NBA… What did I do wrong… Was it my resume… I knew I should have spell-checked it first… Maybe it’s not too late… I’ve just got to keep sending out resumes… I _know_ I can get the NBA someday… Who am I kidding… I’m in the W friggin’ NBA… Oh God…

12. neeeto

May 14, 2008 at 2:10 pm

He missed a belt loop.

13. Damus

May 14, 2008 at 4:10 pm

HE DID MISS A BELT LOOP! HA! Hilarious…

May 14, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Greaaat call. Shuman continues to up the ante without us even realizing it.

15. ernest t bass

May 14, 2008 at 4:51 pm

where are his people!??! I mean, really……..even Turtle or Johnny Drama would known this was f’d up.

16. Beltloop

May 14, 2008 at 6:39 pm

“…Steve Shuman returns for his sixth season as assistant coach and video coordinator for the Monarchs….In his video coordinator capacity, Shuman is responsible for the recording and editing of all videotapes of Monarchs games, upcoming opponents and college games.” – Monarchs website

And they said president of A/V club wouldn’t amount to anything. Congrats Steve!

17. Yo Yo Mother

May 14, 2008 at 9:30 pm

I am now the biggest Monarchs fan in the world.

18. gerrard sir hornypants

May 15, 2008 at 4:47 pm

make fun all you want, but this guy will be armpit deep in hot, giant, lesbo ass 6 months out of the year….

19. Fitness Equipment

May 20, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Nice Post. Here is a fitness tip for all: Water Works for Weight Loss Nothing quells the appetite like water, lots and lots of water. Start out with two quart bottles in the morning and carry one with you to work or wherever you go. If you like, divvy up the 64 ounces of water into eight (8-ounce) bottles or four pint (16-ounce) bottles to carry around with you all day. Freeze half of them the night before and they will last all day, even in a hot car. Keep some unfrozen so they will be ready to drink immediately. Yes. You will have to make more frequent bathroom trips, but it is worth it. Drink your 64 ounces of water before dinner, if possible, so you’re not up half the night going to the bathroom. Water not only fills you up and lessens your appetite, it prevents those “hungry horrors” we all encounter when our blood sugar drops and we reach for cookies, candy, ice cream, fries or other high-calorie treats. Water also flushes out the system, rids the body of bloat and toxins and rosies up the complexion. Now, start splashing.

20. Crystal

March 25, 2009 at 9:54 am

This is too funny. This man was my World Studies and Bible Teacher for one year at Trinity Christian School and I have to say that he always looked like that. Hopefully now he has a bigger car than he had back then(Toyota Camry or something).

21. Michael Stevens

August 18, 2011 at 12:39 am

That’s my cousin and he is a genius. Your just a loser that gets off on character assassination. Grow up you kook!

22. andrea

December 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Best history teacher in the world. Seriously.