Mark Gasol, capable of Wolfing Up

Mark_gasol_welcomed_to_earth

Gasol’s arrival to Earth is a special one as he realizes teammates have arranged for Starman to be played on the Jumbotron.

***

Mark_gasol1

Not seen here: The giant tidal wave consuming Gasol, dangerously close to washing him out of bounds.

Mark_gasol

A fearful Gasol begins to "Wolf Up" after seeing something extremely rare and foreign to him — a bald armpit.

***

Mark_gasol_learns_youre_not_allowed

Channeling Desmond from Lost, Gasol simply can’t believe that underneath his jersey he’s wearing Andre the Giant’s Tarzan tights (see left shoulder).

1. TheRunningboard7

August 25, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Awesome. He looks like Andrew WK. I imagine him screaming LET’S GET THE PARTY STARTED in Spanish the whole time he’s playing.

2. America's White Boy

August 25, 2008 at 8:42 pm

I thought you meant THIS STAR MAN. I mean it was from the greatest wrestling game every to be played on the NES while I was a kid at my aunt’s house. haha

3. Julio

August 26, 2008 at 8:30 am

Funny thing is – the guy’s even softer than his brother. Should be arrested for that.

4. I know my left from my right

August 26, 2008 at 11:59 am

That would be his right shoulder.

5. mookie

August 26, 2008 at 1:04 pm

That boy isn’t soft… he put in a lot of solid interior play in those Games.

I’m interested to see how his NBA career kicks off.

6. How do you spell retard?

August 26, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Is he doing some sort of ‘Thriller’ dance in the third picture? And how does a Spaniard with that much facial hair have silky-smooth arms?

7. Digital Headbutt

September 3, 2008 at 10:59 am

Shave the beard, leave the mustache, and you have Italian Spiderman.

8. Sports Blogger

September 15, 2008 at 1:12 pm

Dude looks like a gorilla. however as a bearded fellow myself I must give props.

9. tamtam

October 19, 2008 at 2:41 am

@ retard:

good question. how DOES a hairy-faced man have such smooth arms?

btw-i think he’s taking a fashion page from che guevara’s book; all he needs now is a beret and have a sweet picture taken of him that will go on t-shirts and all over the world