- Ode To Grantland
- Cris Collinsworth Has Actually ‘Seen Everything’
- Tom Brady Accidentally Wolfs Up During Court Room Sketch
- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly Argues Over An Eggplant, A Peach And A Smiley Face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
Joe Sports Fan is in the building
- Updated: October 1, 2008
Sports Illustrated is currently running a photo of Olympic gold-medalist, Shawn Johnson, which seemingly highlights her Iowa roots.
If you’re anything like me, you may be wondering…what’s creepier than featuring a 16 year old girl tip-toeing across a balance beam above dead corn stalks?
Well – here’s your answer. Take focus to the bottom left-hand corner of the photo and notice the ominous hand emerging from below. No, that’s not photoshopped…and yea, it’s more than a little strange.
We couldn’t help but wonder…whose hand is it? Who would have the motive? We observe the possibilities…
Bela Karoyli – Former United States Gymnastics Coach, Recent YouTube celebrity
No harm or ill-intent coming from Bela. Bela feverishly deems it necessary to give his girls a spot whenever they get up on that bar, even if it’s just a photoshoot. Truth be told, he’s probably just hiding from Bob Costas.
He Kexin – Chinese gymnast
Looking for dropped passport which reveals she’s actually 9 years old.
Valeri Luikin – Father and Coach of Gold Medalist, Nastia Liukin
Still angry about his daughter taking silver to Johnson on the balance beam in China. Looking to grab ankles on the dismount.
Tim Daggett – Former Olympic gold-medalist, current NBC Gymnastic Commentator
Due to legal constraints, Tim isn’t allowed within 150 feet of the balance beam during competitive matches. As Tim will gladly tell you, this is *not* an official competition, and he can take his camera with a telescopic lens where ever he pleases.
Ray Kinsella – "Field of Dreams"
Stumbled upon the gymnastic apparatus after his daily marijuana-induced stroll through the cornfield looking for Ray Liotta, and "that black guy that sounds like Darth Vader".
As we mentioned last week, the greatness of our cyber homeboys Joe Sports Fan will be celebrated here each and every Wednesday, and vice versa over there. If you’ve already been there and read the post we’re featuring, we insist you stop complaining and implore you to feast on it.