Startling images from around the NBA

As we mentioned last week, throughout the NBA season we'll be taking a look at some of the more animated sites often seen around the league as these model citizens trudge through their shitty, pulseless, exciting nine month season.

If you come across something funny, by all means, send it on in…

Jamal-Crawford-scared

Jamal Crawford may not be alone, but he's really, really scared and upset.

***

Mark-Cuban-holding-his-breath-until-you-pull-his-finger

Mark
Cuban seen here stubbornly holding his breath until Bennett Salvatore
pulls his finger.  Thankfully for Cuban, his finger and wang were later
pulled at hotspot Marquee.

***

Chris-Kaman-field-is-good

Chris
Kaman sees the kick is up and thinks it looks quite good.  That or the
ecstasy he took makes him wish he was holding onto a giant beach ball.

***

Michelle-Miller-aka-Mike

Mike Miller picks up his dribble and reconsiders life after yet another ruckus chant of "TRAN-NY! TRAN-NY!" breaks out in Denver.

***

D'Aotoni-karate-chop

Unorthodox coach Mike D'Antoni mentally drifts into Karate Kid II and successfully slices through 6 slabs of ice.

***

Yao's-DeNiro-impression

Ever the flirt, Yao responds with a Deniro-like wink to a group of admiring women holding a "Make me a Ming" sign.

***

Wolves-coach-needs-ref-to-confirm-he's-the-coach

Unknown basketball coach calls over referee Dick Bavetta to help support his case that he is in fact head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

***

And this one certainly isn't from this past week, but it appears that before Gasol's wonderful "Deer Hunter face" was born, he specialized in a pretty passionate "O-Face".

(thanks to reader Andy for this one)

Pau-Gasol

1. Jason @ IIATMS

November 20, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Is Ming taking a dump on the bench? And why were my eyes drawn to the Ming Dong? The Ming Dong-asty? Blech. I hate you, TSH

2. Marv

November 20, 2008 at 2:33 pm

The Ming Dong-asty! I love it.

By the way, that’s a picture of Cuban making fun of SEC Chairman Christopher Cox. Bad move, Cubes…

3. Soy

November 20, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Yao’s fart definitely squirted a little into the pants.

4. brad

November 21, 2008 at 1:03 pm

How does one figure the NBA season lasts nine months? November through the first week of June is seven months and one week. I could see how fans of other sports would be jealous of the fact that basketball is the only sport entertaining enough to have a season last that long. I also understand how painful it must be for the typically obese football or baseball fan to have to strain themselves reaching for the remote, to simply change the channel if they don’t enjoy watching basketball. I suppose the low level of intelligence that is common among football and baseball fans explains the inability to count to seven. I guess I just answered my own question, but thanks anyway. You are shitty, er . . . uh, pulseless, I mean . . . exciting.

5. fake cans

November 21, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Yo B-Dog, season started in october and ends in june. 9 months. Lil Wayne in ’09.

6. TheSportsHernia

November 21, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Bradley,

The NBA season started in late October and last year the Finals ended on June 17th, which means they will end even later this year. So maybe not 9 full months, but 8 months at the very least, young Flanagan.

Carry on.

7. tamtam

November 21, 2008 at 6:12 pm

yeah, he is. ming is about to take a giant steaming crap on the court. how utterly tasteful :/

8. tamtam

November 21, 2008 at 6:16 pm

why is mark cuban looking like the love child of a very young sylvester stallone and clark kent? is he trying to go under disguise in a last ditch attemopt to hide from the SEC?

9. Stonehands

November 21, 2008 at 11:20 pm

It looks like he is saying, “No, I! I am Robert Downey Jr.”

10. tamtam

November 24, 2008 at 3:14 pm

naah, i dont think he looks like robert downey, jr. i still stand by my stallone/kent offspring comment :)

11. San Antonio Movers

March 25, 2013 at 12:08 am

I would love it if you posted some pictures of Rajon Rondo here. :)