- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly argues over an eggplant, a peach and a smiley face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
The All-Time NBA Pretty Boys (Part Tres)
- Updated: April 24, 2009
The SportsHernia's hard-hitting journalism continues today with another chapter of the gripping All-Time NBA Pretty Boys series…
The original Detroit Piston 'bad boy" made a immediate name for himself on draft night by becoming the first player ever to accept his new team's jersey on stage shirtless, much to the delight of a visibly flustered David Stern.
Tripucka continued his controversial ways in 1991 when he demanded to be traded to a warm weather climate by shaving "Trade Me" into chest, back, shoulder and leg hair.
His fame became so legendary with the ladies in Charlotte, it wasn't uncommon to spot numerous Tripucka impostors around the city's most popular bars and clubs. You'd be surprised as to how many men would hop in a Chewbacca body suit, throw on a Hornets jersey and a brand new pair of Ray-Bans so they could experience just for a minute what it felt like to be Kelly Tripucka.
Interesting Fact: The movie Teenwolf was based on a stolen copy of Tripucka's haunting diary from high school. (But unlike the movie, Tripucka was ALWAYS the wolf.)
Few moments were more memorable in the 80's than the loud, audible gasp heard throughout NBA arenas when Mike Gminski ripped off his warm up pants (as well as the disappointing groan heard when he put them back on).
This hairy fashion chameleon had dozens of looks; from the bearded Miami Vice (swiftly ripped off by George Michael), to the My Two Dads look, to his understated Brawny Man look with the Nets, blazing a trail for the likes of Vladimir Radmanovic to parade down safely.
Gmisnki fell on hard times later in his career, as he was forced to retire in 1991 after shattering both his pelvic and pubic bones during a visit to The Cheetah Club in Newark. Gminski tried to commit suicide ?numerous times? after hearing the prognosis.
Discovered by an NBA scout's wife while modeling at a Leggs pantyhouse shoot, Bol shunned a lucrative career in leg modeling to become the NBA's most notorious SCUD sex-missile.
Bol, who never shied away from the attention, was well known for taunting women in the crowd, famously switching shorts for his entire rookie season with 5?3 teammate, Muggsy Bogues, leading to the first ever recorded ?dong-slip?. Bol would go on to record an impressive 2,356 more slips.
His popularity reached rockstar status in 1992 during Philly's provocative "Sixers play topless" promotion where Manute famously dunked on Mark Eaton while an entire sorority from LaSalle dangled from his hulking body.
While ?Big Dick Bavetta? was on his way to becoming one of the NBA's most respected referees over the past 30 years, this legendary ass-vacuum was also busy plowing a path down Pussy Lane that few have matched.
Legend has it that Bavetta was originally tabbed to play Tom Cruise?s part in ?Eyes Wide Shut? before having to drop out due to ?NBA scheduling conflicts?. Inside sources say though that a jealous Cruise was flexing his Hollywood muscle, and had Bavetta removed from the cast after seeing his 1983 Penthouse sex spread with Grace Jones. Insiders also say Bavetta porked Kidman shortly after filming began anyway.
– After playing sax in Led Zeppelin for a few years, Bavetta abruptly left the band after claiming ?there just ain?t enough pussy in the rock n? roll game.?
– Is the host at NYC?s ?Le Trapeze? downstairs sex-dungeon every Tuesday and Saturday night.
For more historical analysis….