- Tom Brady Accidentally Wolfs Up During Court Room Sketch
- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly argues over an eggplant, a peach and a smiley face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
Pens-Caps ratings soar as Nintendo’s Mario, ref show up for Game 7
- Updated: May 14, 2009
Despite the disappointment of finally drawing fans outside of hockey for what turned into a game seven Penguins blowout, Versus still managed to squeeze out record ratings from last night's game.
Shortly after the first stoppage of play in the second period, Mario, eight-time MVP of Nintendo's Ice Hockey, scurried onto the ice and immediately stole the puck from Pittsburgh's Miroslav Satan, launching a 103 mph slapshot just beyond the reach of Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, shattering the glass behind him, and finally bringing the packed arena to their feet.
One of the skinny guys (not pictured) made an equally popular appearance late in the third, weaving through traffic and scoring a garbage goal for the Caps. However, he was soon knocked unconscious after skating next to Hal Gill, who breathed in his direction.