- Ode To Grantland
- Cris Collinsworth Has Actually ‘Seen Everything’
- Tom Brady Accidentally Wolfs Up During Court Room Sketch
- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly Argues Over An Eggplant, A Peach And A Smiley Face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
Roethlisberger pins behavior on giant clock in London
- Updated: June 11, 2010
Ben Roethlisberger told Pittsburgh TV stations yesterday that he got "caught up in being a caricature called Big Ben" and was no longer the grounded player and person he once was. This caricature, which would no doubt land a prime spot in our Caricature T-Shirt Series, is precisely what led to his off the field raping issues, as well as his gray penis.
"You guys have to understand, I literally thought I was London's giant clock tower for an extended period of time," Roethlisberger said. "A clock that everyone wanted to see exposed and whose hands were big enough and powerful enough to grope anything it wanted."
The remorseful Roethlisberger revealed the news to reporters in a tearfully prepared statement – and also in a wavering Cockney accent that sounded more Australian than anything – that he truly thought he was the world's largest four-faced chiming clock.
"I stand before you today, not 316-feet tall, but just 6-feet, 5-inches tall, and tell you that, yes, I blame my actions on the fact that I thought I was a 150-year-old British free-standing clock tower," he said.
"Honestly, I even think I saw the Griswolds driving around me for like a whole day. Even today, I can't hear something chime without my gray nuts tingling a bit."