- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
- Detroit Lions Take Sucking to An All New Level
- Sepp Blatter Resigns, Vince McMahon Rumored as Replacement
- Family Guy Called the Bruce Jenner “Situation” Quite Some Time Ago; Twice
- T.J. Miller Wins Hernia Immunity For 25 Years
Blake Griffin is The Flyin’ Lion [UPDATE: How Long Have Clipper Announcers Been Saying This?]
- Updated: January 20, 2011
It's been quite clear to sports fans and media personalities that freakish Clippers forward Blake Griffin is in dire need of a proper nickname — and not just something as mindless as "B-Griff." We're frankly surprised it has taken us this long to come up with the fitting name, especially since it's been sitting under our nostrils all along in his own namesake:
"The griffin is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle."
It's really that simple.
Blake Griffin is The Flyin' Lion. Yes, we realize it says head of an eagle, but look how happy Blake is with that lion's hair.
UPDATE: So how long have Clipper announcers been referring to Griffin a "The Flyin' Lion?
We expect to see our photo of the Flyin' Lion on the jumbotron by early next week.
[h/t to The GB]