- Tom Brady Accidentally Wolfs Up During Court Room Sketch
- Gritty, Scrappy, Gutsy White Guy Inducted Into MLB Hall of Fame
- Bucs Turn To 80’s Video Game Icon To Fix Jameis
- Clyde McFly argues over an eggplant, a peach and a smiley face
- Traded 4 Times in 6 Days, Luke Ridnour Asks Himself … ‘Who am I?’
- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
The Hernia universe aligned… sort of
- Updated: December 18, 2011
The stars aligned on a number of fronts for the crack Hernia staff yesterday. For starters, one of our bucket list items can be crossed off… sitting down to a meal with legendary Takeru Kobayashi. Kobi couldn't have been nicer, and no we didn't have hot dogs for lunch (though we did show up carrying our customary suitcase full of them). Kobi signed an autograph or two, and we followed him to an event in Times Square to watch Nick Lachey and his totally convincing head of 'dark colored hair' kick 20 yard field goals for charity.
At the event we got to talk to Jim Kelly and Antonio Pierce. Both were very gracious, and were delighted to meet Kobayashi.
Things got a little weird when we had the opportunity to interview the Gramatica brothers. It became clear that our very Hernia-style questions were not going to fly with the brothers Automatica. Our crack reporter melted under the Tostitos-branded heat lamps, and we called it a day. Looking back it was probably a bad idea to Google 'The Sports Hernia Gramatica' hours before meeting them. Maybe they smelled our guilt, or we were worried about getting rolled by two retired NFL kickers.
Here's a look at the Hernia & Gramatica Brothers through the years. Warning: It's emotional:
[Photo via Don's iPhone]