- Five Thirty Eight Sets Internet Ablaze With Shocking Report
- Johnny Football’s Money Sign Becomes Latest NFL Star to Retire Early
- Learn The Ins & Outs Of Beer Can Chicken From Clyde McFly
- LeBron’s Wild Hairline Fits Larry O’Brien Trophy … and a Chew Toy
- “Danny Farts Ball” Video Has 500K Views
- The Boston Globe Has Officially Stopped Giving A Shit
- Detroit Lions Take Sucking to An All New Level
- Sepp Blatter Resigns, Vince McMahon Rumored as Replacement
- Family Guy Called the Bruce Jenner “Situation” Quite Some Time Ago; Twice
- T.J. Miller Wins Hernia Immunity For 25 Years
Study: Every reliever in baseball is either hammered or stupid
- Updated: April 2, 2012
Early this morning Braves pitcher Cristhian Martinez became the latest reliever to hop into the drunk tank with an apparent deep thirst for horrible press. Yes, another MLB-related DUI. A little over a week ago, frequently embattled Yankee Joba Chamberlain somehow managed to rip his ankle to bloody shreds simply by jumping on a trampoline. That same day, seemingly bored of calling the 60-day DL his home, tubby reliever Bobby Jenks was arrested for DUI, property damage and leaving the scene of an accident. The day before that, former No. 1 overall pick Matt Bush was arrested after hitting a 72-year-old motorcyclist in a hit and run DUI. And two weeks before that incident, the Mets freaking bullpen catcher, Eric Langill, was charged with DUI after crashing in a "single-car rollover" at a traffic circle in Port St. Lucie.
In short, if you're a reliever for a Major League Baseball team, you must do something asinine, and you must do it now.